The Best Grilled Chicken Parmesan We’ve Ever Tried!
Even if you have no clue how to properly grill a chicken breast, this Grilled Chicken Parmesan recipe cooks to char-grilled perfection on your indoor grill. It’s one of our favorite grill recipes – the chicken comes out char-grilled to a perfect crisp on the outside, while the inside stays tender and buttery. Marinara and mozzarella add a traditional Italian flavor; use just a sprinkle of part skim mozzarella instead of the full fat version if you prefer a “light” version.
Use Your Indoor Grill For Even Healthier Meals
Grilled chicken breast is packed with protein and naturally very low in fat. Because you’re cooking on a nonstick grill surface instead of a traditional grill grate, you don’t need to use any extra fat or oil. Plus, any extra oil or grease will drain away into the grill’s drip tray. Clean-up is a whole lot easier, too, as most indoor grills have dishwasher safe parts.
We Got This Recipe From Eric Theiss!
Culinary genius and cookbook author Eric Theiss personally adapted this recipe for a smokeless indoor grillfrom his traditional, propane BBQ method. You’ll find you get the same authentic char-grilled sear and flavor – without having to deal with a big bulky outdoor barbecue that requires propane or gas.
Indoor Grills Give You Precise Heat
A premium-grade indoor grill will give you the same succulent results worthy of any summer barbecue party, but it works a lot differently. Your indoor grill is almost certainly electric, not powered by propane or gas, so cooking times and temperatures will not be the same. Many indoor grills have digital temperature settings, so you can control exactly how you want your steak cooked.
Precise, even temperature is ideal for searing steaks, chicken & more that stay tender inside. While the temperature of your outdoor grill can be difficult to regulate, you don’t have to worry about hot spots and dried out edges or overcooking with an electric grill.
Indoor Grill Wattage & Surface Size
Many people find that a smokeless indoor grill with 1200 Watts of power is the ideal amount needed to get professional-grade BBQ searing on an indoor tabletop. Consider the size of your grill plate as well. The indoor grill Eric uses accommodates this entire grilled chicken recipe with a family size 13.5 x 8 inch grill surface.
Grill Recipes from Eric’s Kitchen – Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (choose skinless for lower calorie count)
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the grill plate on the indoor grill. Preheat grill to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Rub with sea salt, ground black pepper, and olive oil.
- Lay chicken breasts onto the Grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Internal temperature should reach 165° Fahrenheit.
- Brush chicken breasts with pesto. Top with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with the indoor grill lid and continue cooking until cheese is melted to your preference.
- Serve Grilled Chicken Parmesan with pasta or salad.